|Hungry for a quick snack? Nuts are tasty, convenient and healthy. Their fiber and unsaturated fats can help lower LDL (“bad cholesterol”) levels, and they contain omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, both good for the heart. Although all nuts have health benefits, they’re best eaten raw or dry-roasted, not covered with chocolate, salt or sugar. Here's the breakdown on some of the most popular nuts
(roasted, serving size 1 ounce): and they contain omega-3 fatty acids
and vitamin E, both good for the heart.
- Almonds: 169 calories; 15 grams of fat
- Peanuts: 166 calories; 14 grams of fat
- Cashews: 163 calories; 13.1 grams of fat
- Pistachios: 161 calories; 12.7 grams of fat
- Macadamias: 204 calories; 21.6 grams of fat